Before defining some recommendations that help combat stress, it is important to know that a number of strategies can also be developed to prevent it:
- Identify and avoid stressful situations.
- Be aware of the limitations themselves and not assume responsibilities that you are not sure you are able to comply with.
- Establish a priority criterion when addressing the obligations and challenges that lie ahead for you.
- If you decide to make important lifestyle changes, such as changing jobs or home, they should be planned in detail and in good time.
- Maintain a positive attitude to life.
- Develop fluid communication with others and share ideas, concerns, desires, projects, etc.
- Sleep long enough to rest. No more, no less (between six and eight hours a day.
- Exercise regularly.
- Eat a balanced diet.
When dealing with stress, the most important advice that can be offered is to know how to stop to relax, reflect on the causes of this stress situation and calm down to make decisions or change attitudes that reduce the impact of stress.
In short, it is about learning how to create a kind of bubble in which to move away for a few moments from the activity or situation that produces the stress state. And there are many ways to be able to do it:
- Enjoy the good things and times life offers: Go out with friends, take a walk, a weekend trip, go to the movies or the theater… There are many activities that allow you to break with the stress situation and therefore get away from it.
- Exercise: physical activity helps release tension and burn the energy generated by the increase in adrenaline, norepinephrine and cortisol that is generated with stress. At the end, you will get a state of relaxation that will ward off your concerns.
- Avoid exciting drinks: raise the nervous tension and therefore the stress.